StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i've got a 650 from july 2017 with 96000 km and a few days ago the motorcycle every time i downshift to 2nd or 1st automaticly shuts off, it doesnt gag or anything... if i am on the move or stoped just press the start button, and starts easly, and after moving and shifting down again it shuts off. Happened to anyone? Sugestions?

·
Registered
99 Posts
How gentle are the downshifts? Do you rev match and ease the clutch out, or does the bike jerk as the clutch bites with low RPM?

If it's the latter, is your side stand dropping enough to trigger the safety switch?

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Mr Stu's suggestion about moving the kick stand with your foot is a good one.

Is your clutch lever a Suzuki lever or aftermarket.

Will your bike start without pulling in the clutch ?

Should your bike start without pulling in the clutch (others with your year could answer this for us)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Doing the forum rounds..... Have seen this issue pop up in a couple of places; any resolution?
I'm not advising you to do this, but "I" would tape/zip tie the side stand switch so that you can determine if that eliminates the problem. If so, you've got your culprit. Luckily my kickstand is so caked with mud and dirt that it moves like a 40 year old steel bolt in aluminum........ that's been left outside.......... Lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts