StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently picked up eastern beaver's PC-8 fuse block and the switched headlight wiring harness. I'm going to install them today and when i pulled the seat off, i discovered this guy:

the only thing i can think it might be aftermarket is part of the grip warmers? anyone seen this thing before? It does not hook directly to the battery, but instead both the black/red and white/blue wires run up under the tank to the front.. I am guessing that one set goes to an ignition hot and the other set to the controller. I can take the tank off and check them, if needed.

thanks in advance,

- Jared

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
That's is indeed a Warm and Safe Heat-troller module. R/B goes to power, W/Bl goes to the heated gear and the large black cable goes to the controller potentiometer knob. The power lead likely goes to the OEM heated grip connector behind the radiator.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you much! wanted to be sure I knew what it was before proceeding.

- Jared

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
You can neaten the wiring and power it from the switched part of the fuse block.

·
38,104 Posts
With every connection involved being in the front of the bike, I find it a little strange the thing was located so far back.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he wrapped it in electrical tape and taped it to the side of the battery, I suspect he was worried about moisture. I got nearly all of the wiring done and left a circuit open.. thinking of doing just that with the wiring, since it is currently wired to be hot all the time, and as far as I can tell there is no fuse.

·
38,104 Posts
Chances are it was powered as I mentioned before. If that is the case, it runs off the bike's signals fuse and is off when the ignition is off.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chances are it was powered as I mentioned before. If that is the case, it runs off the bike's signals fuse and is off when the ignition is off.
it may be wired similarly, but I have ran the battery dead on two occasions because i forgot to turn it off.:thumbdown:

·
38,104 Posts
Then it isn't run to the OEM heated grip connector and using the fuse block would be a good idea. That somebody would do an unswitched power takeoff from somewhere under the tank from a device right by the battery boggles my mind.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then it isn't run to the OEM heated grip connector and using the fuse block would be a good idea. That somebody would do an unswitched power takeoff from somewhere under the tank from a device right by the battery boggles my mind.
i guess i should be really surprised, but i used to buy old UJMs and restore then sell them.. the stuff people will do to "get on the road" :headbang:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts