StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing mu 33 mm Tusk risers and am not sure where to place the spacers/washers.
I just snugged the bolts a tiny bit and there is still a bit of space between the parts. I am afraid I might break the aluminum mount if I tighten it down.
Do the spacers go under the head of the bolt. If so, under the lock washer?
Would they go somewhere else? Hear is a pict of where I am at.
Also, There didn't appear to be any locktite on the bolts I took off. Should I use some?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
When you say spacers do you mean flat washers? Then yea they go under the lock washers so the lock washers don't dig into the aluminum.

Loctite yes.

There will be a bit of space even when tight. Cinch them down evenly back and forth.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say spacers do you mean flat washers? Then yea they go under the lock washers so the lock washers don't dig into the aluminum.

Loctite yes.

There will be a bit of space even when tight. Cinch them down evenly back and forth.
Thanks. So just to be sure, I'll slide the lock washer on the bolt then the washer, a little locktite on the thread, insert and cinch them down.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Thanks. So just to be sure, I'll slide the lock washer on the bolt then the washer, a little locktite on the thread, insert and cinch them down.
*edit*

Sorry reading comprehension on my part...

Yea your right

The lock washer goes next to the head of the bolt like this:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts