StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can tell by the title of this,I am very ignorant in the ways electrical systems. I am hoping to rely on the good nature of a central Indiana or Indianapolis Stromer who would be willing to help me install an Eastern Beaver Power Center 8 along with hooking up a GPS and 12v supply to it.

I really do just want help, not someone to do it for me. I need to learn these things.

I am also considering hosting a maintenece day, but my garage is not very well equiped yet.

I am more than happy to provide your favorite libation and dinner!

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
259 Posts
You can do this yourself, I prewire a Centech AP-2 with a relay and it is not that hard to install. You just need some good crimpers and the other tools to remove some plastic. Give me a call 918-446-2245 Kieth

test light

crimper

phillips screwdriver

wire strippers :jawdrop:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I believe EB offers a hookup kit for the PC-8 just for guys like you. It's really very simple, with no cutting or crimping required. Did you buy that kit?

Just please, whatever you do, remember these two things:

- disconnect the negative battery post before doing anything, and hook it back up last.

- never, ever, put any connector or load between the positive battery terminal and the first fuse.

As long as you do those things, the worst you'll ever do while installing EB kits is blow a fuse.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe EB offers a hookup kit for the PC-8 just for guys like you. It's really very simple, with no cutting or crimping required. Did you buy that kit?

Just please, whatever you do, remember these two things:

- disconnect the negative battery post before doing anything, and hook it back up last.

- never, ever, put any connector or load between the positive battery terminal and the first fuse.

As long as you do those things, the worst you'll ever do while installing EB kits is blow a fuse.
These are the reasons I need some adult supervision!!!

Thanks for the advice.

I got the one for the Wee with the relay kit. I have looked at thier instructions and read dozens of posts, but, it never hurts to have someone who knows what they are doing around.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I live on the NW side of Indy, near 79th & Georgetown, my garage is fully equipped, and I have a good bit of experience with motorcycle electrics.

This sounds like a piece-o-cake.

I'll PM you my contact details. :thumbup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live on the NW side of Indy, near 79th & Georgetown, my garage is fully equipped, and I have a good bit of experience with motorcycle electrics.

This sounds like a piece-o-cake.

I'll PM you my contact details. :thumbup:
I was at Dreyer on W. Washington the other day and the sales man was talking about the crazy guy on the blue Strom with no windscreen that he saw riding on 465 in the down pour. I believe that may have been you!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I was at Dreyer on W. Washington the other day and the sales man was talking about the crazy guy on the blue Strom with no windscreen that he saw riding on 465 in the down pour. I believe that may have been you!
Geez, I'm famous now! :hurray: My Vee is also easy to identify because the left headlamp is yellow.

Yeah, I rode to work (to our old Castleton office) last Monday when we had that absolutely torrential rain. In the morning it was around 45 degrees, no big deal.

But about lunchtime, I noticed that the outside temp had plunged to 35 degrees and was still dropping while the rain continued to pound. So I rode back home and took the cage back to work. Haven't gotten around to installing ice studs in the tires...

Good gear and heated grips rock! :thumbup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still waiting for my EB order to get here. Should be any day now. I'll call you to set something up when they do. I also have a set of the Givi Trekker cases and a Monokey rack coming! I can probably handle that one on my own, it's the electrical stuff I'm worried about. I get nervous changing a lightbulb!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a package from EB today....weekend project is here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts