StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
just got new front break cables and a Double Banjo Bleeder from Blair at SVRacingParts.com

Blair told me to replace the banjo bult in the master cylinder with the new double banjo bleeder.

Just to make sure since I never change this, is the master cylinder located under the oil reservoir?
see attached a diagram. can you point me to the right number?
Thanks,
Micha
http://migo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/front-master-cylinder.gif

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Can't see that diagram here at work, but the master cylinder is what the brake lever is attached to. The second picture on this page shows what it should look like when installed.

Brake Line Installation Tips

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
That would be the one. You will remove the old line and single banjo from the cylinder and replace it with the double lines with the double banjo. Make sure to remove all the washers and replace with new washers in the correct order (there will be more washers for the double). If you do not already have one, get youself an inexpensive manual vacume brake bleader. It makes the bleeding process much faster and easier.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Oh Dude... (and please no offense), but if you don't even know where the master front brake cylindar is, maybe it's best to let someone else do what you are about to attempt... Again, no offense, but that job isn't trivial... It's something you need to have decent skill and good mechanical knowledge... Anyway, be careful and do it right...

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
...and, the fluid isn't oil, it is DOT4 brake fluid. I agree, let someone knowledgeable help you, then you can do such work yourself the next time.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I think we may have a cultural divide here. I've seen people from Commonwealth countries refer to brake fluid as oil before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts