StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, Last year I helped set up the Brisbane collective, when I did this I had heaps of spare time as I worked a 3 on 2 off roster out in remote area catering (that's it).

Well to say things have changed would be a understatement. At the start of this year I took on a new role within my company and now find my self working up to 9 weeks straight with minimal time off, plus I am now also studying for a nutrition diploma as well as workplace trainer cert and still have my organic garden to manage as well as my personal catering company.

For those who know me would have noticed I have not been on the site very often over the past five months (not because I dont want to) and am feeling really guilty about not actively helping with the collective.

Any way I am asking for someone to take over and help get this group going, I have a gmail account set up and we have around 20 or so members.

All that is needed is for someone to take over managing the email account to help to organise rides and events.

If you are interested and have a little free time on your hand I would love to hear from you either though this thread or a PM.

Thanks and sorry to any one who has tried contacting the collective email with no reply.

Chef

·
Registered
608 Posts
G'day Cheffy. I might be able to assist. Heading off tomorrow for a couple weeks. Will contact you when I get back.

·
Registered
808 Posts
We have missed you (and your cooking)

Hi Gareth, great to hear from you, you sound busy, but lucky you are young so there is plenty of time to ride down the track (pardon the pun) like us older farts.

Speakin' of young blokes Steve says he will talk to you when he returns and he would be great for the collective. The run he organised overnight a couple of weeks ago went really well. I would like to offer but I am still learning my way around the techno stuff.

I hope to catch you soon. A few of us are coffeeing at Canungra at 9am on Sat (28/5) if you are in town. Cheers (and good luck with the career) - Trevor

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Trev, I miss getting out and about too. Just lucky I work away from home and still get to ride back and forth or I would never get a ride.

Still want to try and have our mid year get together at mine so I will be able to cook for you again then!!!

Im away until the 1/6 but only have a few days off then back out to the cooper basin, so unfortunitly I wont be able to come on your ride.

Hope to catch up soon though!!

Chef

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good to hear from you Cheffy, was wondering what you were up to. Got me buggered how you fit all that into one life. You should be twins..

I'm sure you know we all appreciate how much energy you put into trying to get the Bris collective going, and we've had a few good get together's through it.

Put up a date now for when you want to have the do at your place, I'll be there.

As for the collective, Stevo's the man. :thumbup:

Pete.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to figure out when I can get some time off, im still trying to pay for my wedding so I do really need this extra work at the moment, but by julyish I should be back on track and request some time off!!!

By the way hows your new pipe going???

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi Chef, wow man you do sound busy, hopfully making heaps. As for the collective its sure to only grow. If when Steve gets back we all just keep in touch Im sure there will be rides a plenty, we all can play organizer.
Looking foward to catching up to all soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts