StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rode through a huge rain storm and after about 15 mins of riding through the rain I stopped to wait out the storm. When I got back on the bike it would idle rough and has really low power. I barely make 50 MPH in 5th gear...
Any ideas of what it could be that I could check and do field maintenance on?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I just rode through a huge rain storm and after about 15 mins of riding through the rain I stopped to wait out the storm. When I got back on the bike it would idle rough and has really low power. I barely make 50 MPH in 5th gear...
Any ideas of what it could be that I could check and do field maintenance on?
Sometimes the front sparkplug boot leaks water into the plug recess. Pull the boot and blow out the water from the hole where the plug is. Put a gob of dielectric grease on the boot where it seals against the cover. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

I will give that a try. If this is occurring is it possible that would account for the low power....ie only one cyclinder is working?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
You probably can't get your head in there to blow water out. Use a paper towel or something to soak it up, assuming that's the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got IT!!!

I was able to blow the water out using an air compressor from a former neighbor here in Raleigh. Thank you guys so much for responding and giving me a pointer for what the issue could be.
I am back on the road......
Thanks again.
Oh and I will be sealing that front spark plug cover when I get back to NYC.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
You probably can't get your head in there to blow water out. Use a paper towel or something to soak it up, assuming that's the problem.
Good point Tom. I don't know why I assume everybody has an air compressor. I can't seem to perform any maintenance operation without my handy dandy blowgun at my side.:D

I was able to blow the water out using an air compressor from a former neighbor here in Raleigh. Thank you guys so much for responding and giving me a pointer for what the issue could be.
I am back on the road......
Thanks again.
Oh and I will be sealing that front spark plug cover when I get back to NYC.
Great! Glad I could help. Have a safe ride.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Good point Tom. I don't know why I assume everybody has an air compressor. I can't seem to perform any maintenance operation without my handy dandy blowgun at my side.:D
Haven't seen you take it on a ride yet... but with Randyo carrying granite surveyor's bounds on his SV, nothing from this group surprises me. ;)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Haven't seen you take it on a ride yet... but with Randyo carrying granite surveyor's bounds on his SV, nothing from this group surprises me. ;)
I know:D I haven't brought it because it is a Home Depot 60 gallon model. I bet this guy would bring it though:

Refridgerator on a Honda Cub!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts