StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just loaded my '12 DL650 full up for the first time with everything for my Alaska trip. Poor little bike sags like there is no tomorrow. The PO put the Stage 4 Premier Elka 3 Way Shock by SV Racing on the bike and I know you can adjust the pre-load hydraulically but it didn't come with any documentation on how to do that. I assume you turn the knob on the right side of the bike, but I have turned it full clockwise until it stops with no change.
Help - I'm leaving on a week long shake down trip tomorrow 7am :(

Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just loaded my '12 DL650 full up for the first time with everything for my Alaska trip. Poor little bike sags like there is no tomorrow. The PO put the Stage 4 Premier Elka 3 Way Shock by SV Racing on the bike and I know you can adjust the pre-load hydraulically but it didn't come with any documentation on how to do that. I assume you turn the knob on the right side of the bike, but I have turned it full clockwise until it stops with no change.
Help - I'm leaving on a week long shake down trip tomorrow 7am :(

Thanks!
Are you POSITIVE it has the remote Preload adjuster? Is it possible you are maxing out the compression adjuster instead??

https://us.elkasuspension.com/sports-racing-atv/stage-4-high-performance-atv-shock-absorbers/

·
Registered
358 Posts
The knob on the right hand side under the seat is the remote preload adjuster. You should be able to look at the shock and see the preload ring getting pushed farther down as you crank on that knob. The remote preload on my shock easily compensates for my girl and camping gear, so it does work if all is well. You can adjust the preload at the shock too if you have no other solution.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The red ring in the photos id the preload adjuster. There is a small lock nut in one of the holes, then just turn the collar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts