StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so like an idiot i accidentally broke off the piece in the clutch assembly with the 2 prongs (don't ask) ...which forces bike to start with clutch engaged.

It's back in being held in by the pivot bolt in the clutch assembly. But say I want to replace this part.

It's the circled piece here right? The prongs are underneath just not pictured I think.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Ok so like an idiot i accidentally broke off the piece in the clutch assembly with the 2 prongs (don't ask) ...which forces bike to start with clutch engaged.

It's back in being held in by the pivot bolt in the clutch assembly. But say I want to replace this part.

It's the circled piece here right? The prongs are underneath just not pictured I think.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Clutch interlock switch.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
4,602 Posts
Disconnect it and short it out (join the terminals together). I find it a nuisance - neither of my other bikes have one and none of my previous bikes did, either.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disconnect it and short it out (join the terminals together). I find it a nuisance - neither of my other bikes have one and none of my previous bikes did, either.
Rather not since no idea how and I'm very bad mechanically. Just trying to verify the part on ronayers.com if I don't find it separately....is it assumed that's it's integrated into the part I circled?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Rather not since no idea how and I'm very bad mechanically. Just trying to verify the part on ronayers.com if I don't find it separately....is it assumed that's it's integrated into the part I circled?
Nope. What year is your bike? It's #6 in this 2007 drawing for example but it changed in later years.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Disregard. Everything works and I adjusted my free play on the clutch lever. MUCH better now...as I had like none before. Went on a little 40 mi ride yesterday and it was blissful. I'm not changing anything. I have an '06 btw. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts