StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2011 Wee has no fuel or temp bars. I just got the bike less than 2 weeks ago. Noticed my clock was wrong and set that. I reset the system according to manuel ( if speedo and tach was wrong ) hoping that would fix it Nope:confused: Any suggestions, as dealer is a long way's from here. Thanks

Mike

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Does the bike run?

You may be out of fuel and the engine doesn't show any heat because it's not running; just sayin ;)

try jiggling the connectors behind the dash; you get to learn how to take your fairing off (refer to the manual)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I had a similar situation. Check your connectors behind the gauges and then trace the wires back along the tank to the fuses under the seat. My issue was that the fuel tank had worn through 1/2" of wire. Dealer found it, spliced new wire in and all is well. It happened to me when I picked the bike up from the dealer after having the clutch replaced. Seemed odd. Took $365 to locate and correct a $0.10 problem. Perhaps my experience can save you $364.90.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sean. It is under warrenty so if need be they can take care of it. Loose connection or fuse was my guess. I didn't think a brand new bike would have a blown fuse but anything is possible. To check for wire not connected to gauges would the fairing have to be removed? If too involved I do believe it will have to go to the dealer.:furious:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to check the fuses to see if any were blown out. I pulled two of them that the manuel said had something to do with instrument lights. Both were fine, reinstalled and pushed all of them down. Turned on the key and everything works. Maybe a fuse wasn't seated enough I guess. So dumb luck got me through this little dilema!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts