StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm considering buying an '08 650 w/ ABS with 1,900 miles. Only add ons are a small rear hardcase & center stand. Agreed upon purchase price is $5,200 and I'm wondering if it is a good deal. Also wondering if there are any reliablity issues with this year and the fact that it is 2nd year with ABS. I'm new to riding and have loved the wee for a few years ever since I sat on one. I'm 6'4" so this bike fits me well. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:confused:

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Sounds fair if it is in cherry condition. I have a 2007 model with ABS and it works fine. No problems in 20,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
The bike sounds interesting, low, low miles with ABS. Sorry I'm not up on prices for used bikes. I have an '09 ABS Wee I bought new now with 20k+ that has been stone reliable so far. If you've been shopping awhile you may have a better idea of the prices in your area.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I have 33,000kms on my 08 wabs (bought it new).
The bike is rock solid, so is the ABS.

As far as price, what do you care? You're buying an essentially new bike for significantly less than the new price.

Also, according to your post, you've agreed upon the purchase price; isn't it a bit late to be asking us?

If it's the bike you want, just get it and stop worrying about money. The bike won't let you down.

My only concern would be "why didn't the previous owner ride it for more than 1,900 miles in three years?"

·
Registered
90 Posts
that wee has not been ridden.
I have an 08 non ABS (if I had it to do again it would be).
Just under 22,000 miles and no problems.
I am getting ready to replace the chain, sprockets, and brakes for the first time, and 2nd set of tires.
Only normal maintenance, change the oil, oil the chain, check the tire pressure and ride it.
The only pesky thing I have found, is I have to put gas in it at about 250-270 mile intervals.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'd hit it at that price. Used ABS models with low miles are rare.

·
Registered
37 Posts
08 Wee

I have an 08 Wee and i LOVE IT :hurray:, i just turned 28K on it and have not had a single problem with it. ( i bought it used with 400 miles on it.)

buy it and enjoy it. :yesnod:

·
Registered
30 Posts
It has all that you want and is ready to ride. Price is secondary when it come to "want". Buy it and you'll be sure to find a cheaper and better bike on a forum or classified somewhere and you're sure to find a similar bike for much more. Jump on when you can because you can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for your input. Picking up my 1st vstrom today. Just needed to hear comments from some other enthusiasts.:thumbup::hurray:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts