StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me begin by saying I have almost no mechanical nor electrical ability.What I'm trying to do is hook up a zumo 660 to my dl 650.If I run the zumo power cable from the battery up to the handlebar near the clutch lever,how do I get the three cables (headphone jack,microphone jack,and usb connector) to be as close to the cradle as possible;without a big clump of wire needing to be stuffed under the faring? I just can't visualize how to do it.
All responses will be appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
86 Posts
"I have almost no mechanical nor electrical ability"

You mean you have no mech or elect KNOWLEDGE - your ABILITY is yet to be determined. Knowledge is available by crafty utilization of this forum; ability is demonstrated by how well you put that knowledge to use.

That said, I have no KNOWLEDGE of the 660, but ABILITY to stop wasting further space. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
If you want to run the audio wired rather that BT, use tie wraps to neaten up the cables

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ran all three wires to underneath the seat. That way if I'm using my noise isolating earbuds its an easy plug from out the bottom of my jacket. As long as you keep all the wires together and make sure they don't bind when the handlebars turn, you should be alright. I did end up lifting the tank (not removing it) shown on other parts of the forum, to make sure everything was nicely tucked away. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts