StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, twice in two days the Vee has played the TPS game. Had to reset it again last night on the way home.

Questions,

1) It looks like I can remove and replace the TPS without pulling the tank...am I wrong?
2) Do I need the auxillary switch thingy to trip the computer to user mode to get the display to show me where the adjustment should be?

I searched several different ways and came up empty. I am headed to a jobsite but will check in mid morning.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump trying to get answer today

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I adjusted mine with the tank raised; I'm not sure if it can be replaced that way.

You need a T25 tamper-proof bit for the screws.

Do a search for "jumper diagnostic connector." That will show you how to get into diagnostic mode. This connector is in various locations depending on the year of the bike. On my '04 it was under the tip-over relay. On my '07 it is under the tank support bracket. On the '04, changing the TPS change point to about 1600~1700 rpm smoothed out the throttle action. Not that much effect on the '07.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
You need to put the bike in dealer mode to adjust the TPS. The dash should be centered at idle, 1100-1200 seems to give the best result but the book says 1100-1300 is okay. The dash should move up at 1600-1800rpm. I don't know if access is available with the tank on but propped seems typical. My 2007 DL650 looks a bit different but all models prop the tank the same way.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the tank can stay since the TPS is behind a frame rail.
How can I put bike in dealer mode without the factory switch. Can I jump the connector or am I buying/borrowing the switch?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, found your previous post PT.

Mine is a Vee are the wire colors the same as what you posted?
Is the tamper proof bit one with a hole in it...where is this bought?

I appreciate the help as I am leaving for Florida in two weeks and don't want to ride the HD that far if possible.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, GW

That is exactly the info I needed. You and the site just saved me $100 in labor and a week of waiting.

Thank you also PT, you had me 90% of the way there...GW verified the missing info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts