StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IT'S FIXED AND I'M A MORON, :fineprint: You'd think after 35 years I'd remember to check a kill switch. :furious: Nothing like embarrassing yourself worldwide.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Do you have a clock when you try pushing the starter or is there a CHEC there instead?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Kill switch pushed?
OMG I'm a moron :yikes: :oops:
I always check that first - I'm having a really bad day - guess I figured it was just more of the same. Thank you very much.

·
38,104 Posts
I once hot wired my BMW R90S when it quit on the road during a trip and the ignition circuit was dead. It turned out the kill switch hit the tank bag. Stuff like that happens.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I'm still not thinking quickly - what I should have said was it was something highly technical and really difficult and I fixed it all by myself - yeah, that's it! :green_lol::yesnod:

·
Registered
211 Posts
OMG I'm a moron :yikes: :oops:
I always check that first - I'm having a really bad day - guess I figured it was just more of the same. Thank you very much.
I have done the same thing, I hate that sinking feeling when you hit the key and...nothing. It is a great feeling though when you notice your mistake and nobody else saw you freaking out.... :green_lol:
Glad it was something simple!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
SH** Happens

My mate had the same problem his tankbag hit his kill switch on his Hyosung. He spent 40 minutes trying to fix it while I was waiting for him, we were about to start our ride to Tasmania and the delay put us behind for the first part of the trip. I had the clutch cut out swith wires come loose at the end of a ride and couldn't work out what was wrong for a while, I rang the dealer and they suggested the fix, it had happened before. These are the first two things I check.

·
38,104 Posts
Since a clutch switch cut out was mentioned, I'll take this opportunity again to mention it can't be done to 2007 and later DL550s without compromising their ability to idle properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts