StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sure need advice from a wiring Guru or three. The Wee I recently bought has owner added accessory wiring and I'd like to re-wire the whole setup. I'm not sure how.

Basically I'm after:

1. Ignition off = everything off.

2. Weatherproof wiring.

3. (Ignition Switched) Switch panel to turn on/off accessories (like a 747 :mrgreen:)

Currently:
Blue Sea fuse block
2 relays (don't know what they are doing)
2 Jacket trollers (temporary setup, added today after the photos)
Heated grips troller
Voltmeter
HID Accessory light bar
HID light switch
Accessory on/off switch (everything but HID)

Want to add:
Headlight cutout switch
GPS power
Intercom
Ambient Temp

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I can't tell for sure from the photos, but one of those relays should switch the power for the fuse box. It should be connected to the battery (with an inline fuse), a switched power source (like the taillights), the positive terminal of the fuse box, and ground (this can go to fuse box neg, then to battery neg).

Here's mine when I first installed it. The other set of wires attached to the battery are for my 12v sockets, which I wanted to be powered all the time.

The exposed wiring can be run through some of that flexible plastic loom like what's already there (looks like tiny flexible drainage pipe), though you'll need a larger diameter for all those wires.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your wiring block looks very cleanly wired with the right guage wire, a proper relay and connectors. That's the direction I want to go in.

I can't tell for sure from the photos, but one of those relays should switch the power for the fuse box. It should be connected to the battery (with an inline fuse), a switched power source (like the taillights), the positive terminal of the fuse box, and ground (this can go to fuse box neg, then to battery neg).
Ok, that makes me think the two relays are for the Accessory switch on the dash that probably powers the whole fuse block and for the HID Accessory switch on the handlebars which probably switchs on the HID's if the fuse block is on. Does that make sense? I don't know because the accessory switch can be left on when the bike is off. I'll be tracing the wires soon.

The exposed wiring can be run through some of that flexible plastic loom like what's already there (looks like tiny flexible drainage pipe), though you'll need a larger diameter for all those wires.
I can get most any wire pretty easily, there are so many choices I'm not sure what to get. What do you recommend when you say 'a larger diameter'?

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
The round rocker switch in the fairing looks like a heated grip switch. Do you want to replace the switch with one for all accessories, or do you think that's what that one's doing?

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
The Golden Monkey said:
I can get most any wire pretty easily, there are so many choices I'm not sure what to get. What do you recommend when you say 'a larger diameter'?
I was talking about the plastic loom for housing the wires. This stuff:

You could also simplify things a bit by running a single heavier gauge wire for a common ground (for everything but the hid) -- that way you don't have quite so many wires running between the fuse block and the fairing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts