StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Vee vibrates more than the wee, any one out there hear what I'm saying, Please give me your input if you have own both, I love the power, I don't ride two up, I might be looking to trade my vee for a wee, this vibration is killing my back after a 100 mile run, the engine runs smooth, I think it just the the bigger bore & stroke. what do you say ???

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,438 Posts
I have both.

The Vee "vibrates" more than the Wee.

I think the Wee is an exceptionally smooth v twin. The Vee is also smooth for a v twin. The Vee is certainly more sensitive to tuning. But, when right is very smooth for a v twin.

If vibration is a problem in a 100 mile ride then something is not right. At cruise rpm ( 3500 to 4500 rpm ) I can barely feel the vibes in the engine. I would look to seating position/bar relationship giving a back problem before vibration?

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Vibration could be a wheel balancing issue. Try switching to dyna beads. I had those on my cruiser and they were fantastic. Dynamic balacing.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I get a mild buzz from the grips and pegs at high speed, but certainly nothing that impedes my ability to ride all day. If your is vibrating that badly, there must be a reason. Here are a few ideas, maybe Greywolf will add some:

1. Loose engine mounting bolts
2. Bad bearings, wheel, steering.
3. Wheel out of true or bent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish you guys were right

I can feel the diff at idle and at 4500R's. I give up,:headbang: lookin to trade for late model wee, any takers ??

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have owned both. For my style the Wee was better for all situations other than highway cruising at 75mph and higher. So I sold Wee and bought two bikes, a DL1000 Vee and a Kawi 650 Versys. If you can only have one street bike then IMO the DL650 Wee is the most versatile bike available.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
V ibration is relative unless you can find some experienced VEE er to ride yours it may be bad or gtood

I have never heard of Vibes and back pain?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have a bad back, previous herniated discs lower back L4 & L5 and injured upper back a few years ago compressed vertebrae T5 &T6. I have never had any pain that I can associate with vibration from my VEE. :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts