StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After having my 2012 DL650 ADV for more than a year (25,000+ miles) I have been considering painting the body panels another color. I really like the contrast of my white 2013 DL650 (20,000 miles). I de-badged both bikes so no Suzuki "S" logo.

I have a friend who has the equipment & experience painting vehicles, so I'm only looking at the cost of paint & supplies.

I like the Desert Sand color of the new DL1000. Or maybe OD Green. The 2013 Blue & the 2014 Red also look nice. Maybe Silver? Maybe I should just leave it all black? I like the black but it's all black... bash plate, top box, side cases, radiator guard, everything is all black...

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Brownish/greenish camo would be so cool! With the black parts left back.
That would be a real adventure bike!
Or brown.

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brownish/greenish camo would be so cool! With the black parts left back.
That would be a real adventure bike!
Or brown.

I like both!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here's a bike a friend did. All military style decals and labels like:
Front: Towards Enemy
Caution HOT
Tank Fuel
Filter Air
and so forth. Military labels are in reverse - like Filter Air rather than Air Filter. Really hot looking bike.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You could always use car wrap, that way if you don't like the color you could peel it off.
Did mine in carbon fiber, I like it, the wifey doesn't. But if it gets old on me, I can always peel it off and try something else.

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All great ideas!

I think I like the Beemer Brown & the Desert Sand.

·
Registered
286 Posts
thanks. mine was all black, and i was in the same dilemma you were. i took the plunge and with the 2014 1k in sand, i thought it would look good. i like it. like my link says, i used krylon. yes, it's not as durable as real auto paint. then again, i paid a total of $8...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts