1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
981 Posts
The E-bay mirrors are nice, but are the stems long enough? It would suck to get a cool set of mirrors, but all you could see is your left and right arms.

J

·
0 Posts
I put the Napoleon long stems on my 650 and love them. They stick out futher past my shoulders, have infinate adjustment, and seem to be of good quality. I saved the rubber booty off the stockers to go over the mounting locknut. They are a direct bolt up to the stock female thread. Here is the link if you are interested.
http://www.holeshot.com/old/napoleon/napol_mirror.html

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Stock mirrors are convex but the others appear to be flat glass only. Are you willing to give up the added view and safety of convex mirrors ??

J

·
0 Posts
I have had both, and in this case the risks outweigh the cost. When you consider the price of extensions, you may as well purchase something of better quality that ensures better rearview coverage. I am sure that 7 out of 10 stromers have cracks in the plastic cover that covers the mirror stem knuckle closest to the glass.
I replaced mine because of that issue and a right side DNF which inadvertently removed the rightside glass.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
981 Posts
just my opinion about carbon fiber

I saw a car the other day with a carbon fiber hood...just the hood. First, it wasn't real carbon fiber, so he might has well tried to make it look like Scottish plaid. And second, with just one carbon fiber body part, it looked like one of those old cars with a junkyard hood that doesn't match the rest of the car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Good point. Guess that rules out the chrome ones too;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, ordered the black oval ones off e-bay. Evaluation when they arrive...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even better, this way you keep your hands on the bars!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I saw that but didn't post it in case we have some sensitive viewers.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts