StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used corbin that a guy took off of a 07 1000, i have a 07 650 and when i got it i cant get it to fit. Just wondered if im missing something or it just wont fit? any advice appreciated Thanks

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,185 Posts
It will fit as good as any Corbin does. Might have to trim the front tab to clear coolant tank.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
In 2007, some Wee's got coolant tank moved to the rear of the fuel tank. The two leather covered bars sticking out the front of the seat run into it. If you have a coolant tank under the rear of the fuel tank, you need to cut a little off the ends of the seat bars to clear. Also, the helmet hook wires welded to the frame may interfere with the rubber feet on the bottom of the tank and need to be cut off for the seat to fit.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Corbins are often a little fiddley to get lined up at first. Mine took a little adjusting (I forget exactly how) to work right.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
That usually means the front bars are still too long. Also make sure you have them under rear tank mounting piece and not the tank itself.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If it's anything like my sargent seat, then try lifting the front of the seat straight up after it's in place. I have to do this to get the seat to slide that tiny bit forward and get the latch points to line up correctly and slide right in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This probably won't apply to you, but when I was having problems getting my seat to latch I finally discovered something I had stored under the seat was getting in the way of the plastic that hangs down to the rear of the latch. Amazingly easy to latch now that I cleared out that area.:var_52:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts