StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the shift linkage apart and the little assembly that holds the clutch adjusting screw and return spring off the metal pin, when I put it all back together I started it up in N and when I went to pull the clutch lever in nothing!
I shut the bike off and took it apart again and noticed a metal rod about 4" long that the clutch assembly slides back on to, well here's my question, how is anything supposed to grab on to that smooth metal rod to dissengage the clutch. I did this before when I replaced my chain to get the big nut off and don't remember running in to this problem?:confused:

·
Registered
268 Posts
It doesn't grip on it, it pushes on the end of it. You probably have put the worm drive part back together one turn out, take it apart and turn the centre one turn.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you my friend , that did the trick!:hurray:

·
Registered
32 Posts
It doesn't grip on it, it pushes on the end of it. You probably have put the worm drive part back together one turn out, take it apart and turn the centre one turn.
As a side note to this, I also had a similar issue 2 weeks ago. I had noticed though that the small balls that ride in the inside cage had started falling out while cleaning it. They are crutial to the smooth operation of this eccentric. I used some heavy bearing grease and reinstalled the unit for now. I have a new unit on order to replace the whole eccentric for the next time it's all serviced.
:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts