StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my Wee 1 inch at the rear and raised the forks 5/8 inches, how much should I take off the sidestand to get a safe lean so the bike don't tip over? I was thinking of taking off 3/4 inch.Is that a good compromise in case I want to go back to stock links?

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Keep it simple and safer. Just grind a little off the sidestand stop so it will swing forward more. If you ever go back to stock height you can just add a little something to the bottom of the sidestand foot. Worked for me.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Strange. I lowered the ass 1" and raised the fork tubes 1" and still have adequate lean angle for stability. Maybe I'm running more shock preload.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Strange. I lowered the ass 1" and raised the fork tubes 1" and still have adequate lean angle for stability. Maybe I'm running more shock preload.
I reckon that is so, now my Elka shock is setup correctly, I now have a greater lean angle, cos I ground off some of the side stand stop after lowering the bike.

Cheers
TS

·
Registered
14 Posts
I need to figure out a way to lengthen both my side and centerstand. Since I added the Elka and 1" raising links it is too tall for the centerstand. Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts