StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you recommend for powerful helmet speakers? I need something that an Ampli-rider amplifier can't overload at full output. I use earplugs and a set of $20 helmet speakers (helmetaudio.com). It's a great combination, but it's overloading the speakers.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I use a cheap set of $15.00 speakers from Aerostitch and they seem to work well with my Amplifier. At full volume they distort a bit, but I don't need it at full volume to hear when riding

What would you recommend for powerful helmet speakers? I need something that an Ampli-rider amplifier can't overload at full output. I use earplugs and a set of $20 helmet speakers (helmetaudio.com). It's a great combination, but it's overloading the speakers.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Custom ear molds with stereo speakers. Ear plugs with music. Comfortable and functional. I have two pair. The Challengers are ok but the pair from Big Ear are exceptional in fit and sound. Also for a little less in the pocketbook but also on comfort are Etymotics er-6's.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Also for a little less in the pcoketbook a but also on comfort ar Etymotics er-6's.
ER-6i is more efficient and a better choice. Not as good as the ER-4P, but they're a bit too big to get under the helmet. I own all three of these.

I've also tried helmet speakers and the sound is far less satisfying. Autocom sells a few types of helmet speakers, and there are a few other companies as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use the ER-6i earbuds with the yellow foamy's. Great wind-noise isolation, and superb sound! At a moderate volume level, all I hear is music, but can still hear horns and sirens very well.

A good helmet also works wonders, I'm using the Shoei RF1000.....I have a "Shoei head".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts