Strom Trooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cough** Cough- Helmet Lock -Cough** Cough.

Is it just me or is this one kind of obvious?

Those silly wire loop doo-hickies are a joke.
  1. remove seat
  2. rout doo-hicky
  3. lock helmet
  4. replace seat
Even my old CB250 had helmet lock for crying out loud.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cough** Cough- Helmet Lock -Cough** Cough.

Is it just me or is this one kind of obvious?

Those silly wire loop doo-hickies are a joke.
  1. remove seat
  2. rout doo-hicky
  3. lock helmet
  4. replace seat
Even my old CB250 had helmet lock for crying out loud.
I don't know about the Wee but here where mine is on my V and I agree. The spot they put the helmet lock in it terrible ! You can't get a helmet shoved in there and locked down hardly.

·
Super Moderator
16,730 Posts
I don't know about the Wee but here where mine is on my V and I agree. The spot they put the helmet lock in it terrible ! You can't get a helmet shoved in there and locked down hardly.

PLEASE REMOVE ALL WARNING STICKERS OFF YOUR BIKE!!!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
120 Posts
PLEASE REMOVE ALL WARNING STICKERS OFF YOUR BIKE!!!!!:mrgreen:
I haven't really had the opportunity to do this. Been more interested in getting my centerstand put on, TBS and all the riding in-between. How can you do it without scratching up the paint, plastic?

·
Super Moderator
16,730 Posts
I haven't really had the opportunity to do this. Been more interested in getting my centerstand put on, TBS and all the riding in-between. How can you do it without scratching up the paint, plastic?
Really easy to do, without scratching anything. Get a hairdryer and just let it blow on whatever sticker you want off. TAKE YOUR TIME, and let the sticker get nice and toasty. I use my fingernail to get one corner flipped up, and the sticker peels right off. I get off all sticker residue with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol. For any real stubborn gunk use WD40. While I am peeling the sticker, I continue to heat it up with the dryer. I have had zero issues doing it this way, and with no negative results.

I really like the color of your 1000!:cool:

M

·
0 Posts
:mrgreen:

For how great the Wee is ...ehhem...there is no helmet lock, plastic skid plate, or hand gaurds. It's also missing an exhaust pipe....but it's more flickable so that evens things out.....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ditto what Big B said. Hair dryer, finger nails, and patience. I also continued to use the dryer while slowly peeling. Everything came off easy except the tank one. It broke into pieces. Alcohol helped soften leftover adhesive and then I used some spray "paint safe" motorcycle polish to clean off the remaining residue.

I actually use the helmet lock wire that Suzuki provides. I keep the wire and a small lock in a small bag attached to the handle bar clamp. I loop the wire around the luggage rack handle and through the helmet, then lock it up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Really easy to do, without scratching anything. Get a hairdryer and just let it blow on whatever sticker you want off. TAKE YOUR TIME, and let the sticker get nice and toasty. I use my fingernail to get one corner flipped up, and the sticker peels right off. I get off all sticker residue with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol. For any real stubborn gunk use WD40. While I am peeling the sticker, I continue to heat it up with the dryer. I have had zero issues doing it this way, and with no negative results.

I really like the color of your 1000!:cool:
Thanks for the info B !! I will do this tomorrow just for you... It's supposed to be raining anyway. :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I actually use the helmet lock wire that Suzuki provides. I keep the wire and a small lock in a small bag attached to the handle bar clamp. I loop the wire around the luggage rack handle and through the helmet, then lock it up.
If you look at the pic of my bike you will see a cheap bicycle lock wrapped through the rack. I use it to lock up my helmet that way. It works great !

·
570 Posts
They had the seat and windsheild guy design it....

Funny thing is that I own an '04 Vee, and have tried and successfully locked my helmet to it. Sure, it was a total pain in the [email protected]@. But the 5 minutes it took to complete the task I kept saying "Suzuki put this helmet lock where they did for a reason, if I can't lock my helmet to it then I must be doing something wrong". I actually got kinda good at it. I think it only takes me about 40 seconds now to position the helmet just right and reach my hand through the visor opening to keep it in place and then contortion my hand and keys behind to close the lock. See? So simple! Do I hear crickets?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts