StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I saw the ad for those in CycleWorld or wherever. Sounded pretty cool, but say you're on a week-long trip. Do you have to bring a laptop or get access to a computer to unload the footage and shoot more video? Other thing is, say you're on a week-long trip, do have to bring a separate video camera to shoot other stuff?

Of course, the problem I'm having with the idea of a traditional helmet cam (the type that's wired to a video camera) is finding a video camera for under $700 with a VIDEO-IN port. None of them at BestBuy/CircCity had em.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I saw the ad for those in CycleWorld or wherever. Sounded pretty cool, but say you're on a week-long trip. Do you have to bring a laptop or get access to a computer to unload the footage and shoot more video? Other thing is, say you're on a week-long trip, do have to bring a separate video camera to shoot other stuff?

Of course, the problem I'm having with the idea of a traditional helmet cam (the type that's wired to a video camera) is finding a video camera for under $700 with a VIDEO-IN port. None of them at BestBuy/CircCity had em.
You don't need another camera, you just need another SD card. The site claims it gets 100 minutes on its "SD" card so I'm sure you just need a couple more. Probably a gig for that 100 minute number.

-GW

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
It's a portable CMOS sensored web cam basically.
If you have the little web cam on the top of your monitor for video conferencing then the quality you get from this divice will be very similar to what you get from the web cam.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can use a 1G-4G mini SD card. Just carry a couple along with you.

If you watch the demo, it appears to be a pretty decent vid capture.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
You don't need another camera, you just need another SD card. The site claims it gets 100 minutes on its "SD" card so I'm sure you just need a couple more. Probably a gig for that 100 minute number.

-GW
Oh, I didn't realize it used removable SD cards. For some reason I thought it had some kind of permanent internal memory (not removable).

Cool. I'll see how people like em first though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts