StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for some way to get ear phones or buds in my helmet without having to chop up the inner lining when I stumbled on this Home - Tunebug Portable Speaker with SurfaceSound Technology not sure if they are available yet. It mounts onto the outside of the helmet. It is wireless, bluetooth. There are three models, one even has a mic so you could talk to your passenger or answer your phone.

Any one seen one of these yet?

Harry

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
that's freakin retarded! get a real comm setup. some helmets have built-in spots for speaker placement like the shoei multitec or hornet ds.

·
Super Moderator
4,562 Posts
I ride with ear plugs so I wouldn't hear those speakers very well.

So what about custom fit ear plugs with earphones moulded in? Our local bike shows always have someone making them on the spot - or you can buy kits to make them at home.

See, for example, DIY Custom Ear Plugs, You Will Wear Them Because They Fit

·
Registered
962 Posts
Lots of folks use custom earbuds with success.

I have the autocomm with speakers and have them shimmed perfectly to the point that as I'm putting on my modular helmet I pull apart the sides a little as I'm pulling the helmet down over my head. Once the helmet is on, the speakers cover my ears nicely but without pressure. Blocks out external noise well and the sound that comes out of them is great!!!

Ken

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK not too much support for the Tunebug.
My problem is I also wear glasses and already have some difficulty getting them on, I'm afraid that adding speakers would further complicate the matter. The search continues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the same boat...eyeglasses and my preferred helmet (Shark rsr2) has no room to put speakers in. I have worn earbuds underneath the lid but they get uncomfortable very quickly if I can even manage to get the helmet on without pulling them out.

I have a buddy who tried the diy earplug material on a set of buds and it didn't work well. It's also not important enough for me to drop more than 40 or 50 bucks on, so I may never have a solution.

·
Registered
962 Posts
OK not too much support for the Tunebug.
My problem is I also wear glasses and already have some difficulty getting them on, I'm afraid that adding speakers would further complicate the matter. The search continues.
I too wear glasses and IMO a modular helmet is a must. No interference between the speakers of arms of the glasses. I have my glasses on and can easily put on/remove helmet and the glasses stay put.

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts