StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
We're here: "Bikers."
The wife and I both drive motorcycles. She since 92, me since 66.
Both of us have been the Harley route with matching Sporty's and then one Full Boat FLTRI. Been the Triumph route with a '96 900 Trident in british racing green. We've had Star 650's, and Honda 250's and a TransAlp, and Suzuki Titans and..., and Kawasaki Vulcans and Ninjas and..., and we've had... and still have bikes. We've yet to own a "Strom" or two, that's why we're here: to listen and learn. Maybe to ask quesions when the time is right.
At present: 400 Burgman for her and KLR 650 for me.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Well, the Stroms are a lot of bike for the money. Not perfect, exceedingly reliable, minimal maintenance, FUN to ride. Better on pavement than your KLR; not as good off road. Suspension is one place Suzuki saved money and can use upgrades. The 650 engine is very strong for its size. Lots of modification parts available to raise or lower the bike to better fit you, change seats for fit or comfort, choices of windscreens, upgrade suspension, etc. Lighting is very good, although additional lights for conspicuity always might help. Almost no engine upgrades available for the 650, 'cuz Suzuki did a very good job with that engine. 1000 needs help with fuel injection mapping for smoothness and some have clutch chudder which can be fixed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm new to the site and Wee world myself. Just picked up a used Wee last week! I owned a KLR650 for about 3 years. I don't think I'll be doing the off road stuff that I would with the KLR, but boy this thing is WAY better on the street. Loads of fun. Welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm new to the site and Wee world myself. Just picked up a used Wee last week! I owned a KLR650 for about 3 years. I don't think I'll be doing the off road stuff that I would with the KLR, but boy this thing is WAY better on the street. Loads of fun. Welcome.
That's kind of my problem, or where I'm at today. The wife drives too.

650 Burgman: Wife wants me to buy--- more comfortable... yada yada yada
And she can drive it, reach the ground, storage capacity, etc.

650 V-Strom fits "me." I'm taller, it's more comfortable on road than the KLR, I can add luggage easy enough, good for both of us if I drive...

I've got big Balls. I can drive anything (if I have to.)

She's shorter and can't drive the KLR.

Can she drive the Wee?
She can shift. It's the seat height...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts