StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've already posted a "hi get to know ya" up in the Stromtooper main forum, but figured since I am the owner of a 650 figured I'd better drop by here as well. I've had my 650 for a little over 10 days now and I've loved every mile of the 300 I've put on it, even that night when it was about 40 degree's out side *shivers*,

Anywho, I'm hope'n to make a home in this forum if you gents will have me here, been searching for several days now for a forum full of V-Strom owners and at last, here I am :D

But onto more important things, my V-strom is new,,and very very quite,,,which makes me blush awful hard when I hear other bikes on bikes on the road now :oops: I've looked for some after-market exhausts to put on it but I can't even find anything for the -1000, let along the 650 :cry:

But I did noticed alot of them for the SV-650 *another bike I looked at,,but decided against obviously* which has pretty much the same engine and specs as a V-strom 650, just a different frame and chassis. Anyone know if a aftermarket exhaust for one of them would be interchangeable for the other? or would that be a very horrid idea?

I noted that someone had already done some modifacations to his 650 at a local exhaust shop, which I may look into more later, but any help and/or tips in my quest for some noise would be greatly apprieciated :).

Thnx for your time, and sorry for the horrendously long posts, I'm an aspiring writer ;).

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Several manufacturers make aftermarket exhaust cannisters for the DL1000 V-Strom. I run Remus cannisters on mine. They have a nice low mellow tone, never require repacking, and they also boosted both horsepower and torque (did dyno runs before & after installation). No Fuel Injection modifications were necessary. I've got 5000 miles on them now and am very satisfied with them.

Leo Vince and Two Brothers also make cannisters, but I've heard Leo Vince has a harsher sound, and the Two Brothers are very loud. TBs do require periodic repacking - not sure about Leo Vince.

Here's a guy who would have the answers regarding cans available for the 650:

Knut Wagner
MaxMOTO Distribution
(415) 355-1400
[email protected]

I have found him to be very helpful and very product knowlegeable. He just tracked down a Remus cannister for my Burgman 650.

·
Registered
195 Posts
2 bros "makes" a full selection of cans for the 650, HOWEVER....they have been on backorder since march 1st. talked to a rep from there last friday & they "have no idea" when they will be available. i cancelled my order, got my monday back from the dealer & will enjoy the "semi-stealth" mode. it really doesn't sound that bad....

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
two bros

Well, they should have those two brothers cans out soon. I've got the preproduction model on mine. Sound great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am hoping someone comes out with a low pipe option. I want to put hard bags on the bike and hate the look of the "wide" ones that are available now with the stock pipe.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not much for the saddle bags on bikes, just don't like them, but I am hoping to find a kit that will allow you to set up duel exhaust on it, i just love twin pips on a motorcycle :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts