StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. I just joined the forum and unfortunately not for a good reason. A few days ago I have a friend that went down on his 05 dl1000 and is in bad shape. I currently have his bike because it isn't financially practical for his family at this time to pay to get it out of impound. So instead of letting the tow yard take it because he didn't have full coverage I paid the fees and took it. The whole idea was to fix it and sell it off to help him out. I know it slightly against forum rules for classifieds but I'm looking for a front wheel and left fork. If anyone knows or here's of one of these items for sale please let me know.

·
Registered
817 Posts
so sorry to hear about your buddy and fellow trooper....keep us posted on his progress.

hopefully some will chime in here, i forget what the rules are about pm'ing or responding to sell ads. i just know you can't 'join to sell'. so see what's allowed for purchasing/inquiring to ads. but you can also check the classifieds on advrider and under 'beasts' for vstrom specifics, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, it's very possible he is a member here. I am a avid motorcyclist myself. I just have tapped into the dual sport type yet. I did road racing for 15 years with about 25 years of street riding. My buddy was a well seasoned rider as we'll and no one can figure out what happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if the dl1000 inner fork tube is the same as the dl650. I really need a front fork. Can't post in the wanted section so I'm looking at other places so I can get this bike together

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Looks like the tube diameter is the same but thinking the length is different since the part numbers are different

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just wanted to say hello. I just joined the forum and unfortunately not for a good reason. A few days ago I have a friend that went down on his 05 dl1000 and is in bad shape. I currently have his bike because it isn't financially practical for his family at this time to pay to get it out of impound. So instead of letting the tow yard take it because he didn't have full coverage I paid the fees and took it. The whole idea was to fix it and sell it off to help him out. I know it slightly against forum rules for classifieds but I'm looking for a front wheel and left fork. If anyone knows or here's of one of these items for sale please let me know.
Welcome aboard anyway, friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts