StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, this site is really under-used. Too bad really cuz I like forums rather than going to the Yahoo group and wading through the list. Come on Howboucha, get the traffic here instead. 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why don't you and anybody else that wants to discreetly mention this site and how much nicer it is (without all the ads) at the YAHOO group. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just thinking the same thing. "Where is everyone?" You know my opinion about the yahoogroups. The yahoo groups forum is a great concept, but over the years has turned into a pain in the ass.

There is a wealth of information, but the problem is being able to find it. That is why I started this site. My plan was to put together a forum for V-Strom owners to share vital information that benefits us all. My goal was to avoid the same repeated messages such as "Tires" and getting the standard replies of "i agree", etc. The replies really don't add much value and usually the original subject digresses into something totally irrelevant. But in all fairness, I tried to visit the yahoogroups site last week, but became so frustrated at the format I had to leave. Maybe it's different now. I also was really turned off when Yahoo put up all the ads between each message.

Spread the word about Stromtrooper.com. I want to see it grow to the premium resource for V-Stroms and a communication point for all V-Strom owners.

Brendan

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a suggestion,might try to include something like the site at www.calsci.com/st1300 has done ,only for the Strom.
Lots of information,plenty to look at things to do with the Strom. I think that this site has a lot of potential,maybe adding something like that would increase traffic,knowledge and enjoyment of both the site and the Strom. Thanks for listening.

Sidewinder

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Meatsac,

So, you decided to join the Stromtroopers, eh? I remember you form over on the Sport Touring board. How's it going?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anonymous said:
I was just thinking the same thing. "Where is everyone?" You know my opinion about the yahoogroups. The yahoo groups forum is a great concept, but over the years has turned into a pain in the ass.

There is a wealth of information, but the problem is being able to find it. That is why I started this site. My plan was to put together a forum for V-Strom owners to share vital information that benefits us all. My goal was to avoid the same repeated messages such as "Tires" and getting the standard replies of "i agree", etc. The replies really don't add much value and usually the original subject digresses into something totally irrelevant. But in all fairness, I tried to visit the yahoogroups site last week, but became so frustrated at the format I had to leave. Maybe it's different now. I also was really turned off when Yahoo put up all the ads between each message.

Spread the word about Stromtrooper.com. I want to see it grow to the premium resource for V-Stroms and a communication point for all V-Strom owners.

Brendan
Yes, you're completely right about it - enough from overcrowded places where's too much of information about too much subjects and it makes chaos if you want to be in sync with all it. StromTrooper.com is a speciefic site for speciefic motorbike.

It looks very greate and it is very practical with it's minimalistic functions design section - you can focus on main topic not for configuring your account "all day long".

Well, i must say i'm not a Strom owner yet, but sure will be... Because i'm a very loyal user of Suzuki and very big fan of this bike and my future trip plans only sync with this bike.

Don't believe me? Take a look:
http://homepage.mac.com/nemos/PhotoAlbum23.html
http://homepage.mac.com/nemos/PhotoAlbum26.html

Regards, Margus (Estonia, Eastern-Europe)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I put in my 2 cents worth at the Yahoo V-Strom group.
Anyone else is welcome to also contribute your thought. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added my .02 over there.

Jeff, Yep it's me from Sport-touring.net. I think sport touring.net is one of the best moto websites on the net bar none.

I hope this place becomes the definitive site for all things Strom. I like this format much better than Yahoo groups. It has potential as long as people find it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
all for this site!

I also agree with moving to these forums. I get so many e-mails now that I don't read any of them. The forum is much easier to deal with.

steve

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Meatsac,

Yep, I found your write-up, it sounds like it took a bit of research before you made your decision. Me, I was looking at getting an SV650, and modifying it for gravel roads, then I saw some of the pre-release photos ofthe V-STrom, and knew I'd found my bike! So far, I'm pleased as punch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts