StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
layed down a deposit on a 2012 today,:thumbup: looking forward to picking it up tommorow and getting involed with the forum, (allthough I type like a tortise)
have allready created a wish list of farkles.
hoping to pick someones brains regarding who are dest to buy from, whats worth it and whats not ect,ect
regards to all
smithy

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum, the font of all knowledge and wisdom, at least in regard to Stroms big and small.
If you have not already discovered. Brisbane has a fairly large contingent of active Strommers who I'm sure would be happy to drool over your new baby. You will certainly find lots of info either via the search button or by asking.
Stroms have proved to be a very strong, reliable and capable as your searches have probably already found, but we of course are a little biased.
You will get to love it even more.
Ride safe.
Saturn 5

BTW. Is it a 1000 or 650?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all
layed down a deposit on a 2012 today,:thumbup: looking forward to picking it up tommorow and getting involed with the forum, (allthough I type like a tortise)
hoping to pick someones brains regarding who are dest to buy from, whats worth it and whats not ect,ect
regards to all
smithy
wat size did u buy

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
You'll love it!

Welcome to the growing ranks of the assimilated.

The accessories I like the best are some simple things I made myself.
I installed some nylon straps under the four bolts that attach the luggage rack, so I have fine places to attach bungee cords. These are far superior to using the rack itself, because my cords do not slip.

I demolished a steel-and-plastic coffee mug, and made a cup-holder which holds my insulated coffee cup well. Using fittings for mending a garden hose, I mounted the holder to my handlebar, just inboard of left mirror, and now I have coffee or sometimes a cold drink, ready for me when I am ready for it. Even though I live at the latitude of Brisbane (but north) I encounter chilly weather from time to time.

Good luck with your new mount!
Keith

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all
regards to all
smithy
G'day Smithy,

I recognised your handle from the KLR forum (I go by Andy650 over there), have you sold the KLR?

Did you get to the KLR Rally at Noccundra last July?

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
808 Posts
Welcome aboard

Great to see a shiny new 2012 model in Brissy. Some of the Gold Coasters catch up regularly and Brisbane has a good group too. If the guys catch up soon I will send you a message to let you know.

Good luck accessorizing!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
G'day and welcome Smithy.

Yet another Strom/KLR owner [and I'm over on the other forum too].

You will love the Strom, did you get the new 650 or the "old" 1000?

If Suzuki did a "new" 1000 with ABS I think they would sell heaps, or even an "old" 1000 with ABS [but I love my old Wee 650 though].

Cheers,
Ock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts