StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 3 days i am able to get on here and pick your brains. I would like to give a shout out to Unstable Boy. I was having a hard time getting on this forum but was able to track him down thru his videos on you tube. Anyway i do not own a strom yet but i am going to go test ride one on 5/24/14. This bike will have the adventure package on it and it is a 2013 left over. The only think i am concerned with is i might think it will be under powered. Although i am 50 years young speed is not to much of a factor unless i am on the highway and just want to keep up with traffic. Any info would be helpful thank you Roger. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's not even close to being low on power. I just did a straight 975 mile ride last weekend and a sustained 75-80mph is no problem even fully loaded.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I came to the Adventure from a 999cc Concours. No problem with power/speed. shift point for 6th gear is around 65mph. Unless you are on the interstate or a nice straight road the bike lugs in 6th at 60-62 mph.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't leave us hanging!!

Well, what did you think??? Hope you liked it and are part of the Wee club now...

I personally think the 650DL is 'just right' not crazy power but more than you need to get around, with great fuel economy and enough power to zip around when you want to and don't mind getting up into the power bands above 6K RPM. It's a whole other universe up there when you rev this thing, it's really responsive and quick if you kick it a bit.

:mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts