StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post on here, but have been learning a ton from all the great members the last year or so. Just purchased a 2004 DL1000 a few months back in Texas that had been wrecked. As I travel there for work, I have been able to fix it up in my spare time(my cousin lives there, so he provided the garage and time to help). I flew there several weeks ago, and took 5 days to ride it back along secondary roads to Wisconsin. I have had many bikes since I started riding 40 years ago, and I must say that this is my favorite so far. After reading many posts on here, I added the axle spacer and fork brace while I was fixing her up. Also added the madstad bracket and windshield. Still some farkles I plan on adding, but my CFO(read wife) has nixed them for the time being. I guess the only thing that does bother me, is the hiccup at the 2800 rpm range. I can live with that though. Anyway, just want to say HI, and thanks to all those who contribute to this great forum. Here are some pictures from my ride back from TX.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ill be the first , Welcome aboard looks like a fine ride . Sound like a long ride , that's the best way to get to know the bike,plus the secondary roads are the way to go. What part of Wiisonsin are you from?

Welcome

·
Registered
859 Posts
3drchr
Welcome to the site. The SW corner of Wi is beautiful, not unlike the Ozarks. My wife and I stayed in Port Byron a couple nights in this hippy little trailer park along the Miss. Caught some drag racing at Cordova and made our way north along the river. Love the historic towns and casual driving. Hope you enjoy your V.

·
Registered
817 Posts
congrats and welcome. a power commander will smooth out that hiccup. they come up for sale every once on a while.

my folks had a hobby farm when I was a kid in between Eastman and wauzeka, near prairie du chien. beautiful area there. my brother and his wife live there now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
WI is a great place to ride. I did over 400 miles there yesterday going to the Slimey Crud Run and taking one of hundreds of scenic routes back west and south.

BTW, I've got a place in Grant County, and really like spending time up there and riding the country roads. I haven't seen another strom in the area in the last couple of years so glad to hear there is one in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
congrats and welcome. a power commander will smooth out that hiccup. they come up for sale every once on a while.

my folks had a hobby farm when I was a kid in between Eastman and wauzeka, near prairie du chien. beautiful area there. my brother and his wife live there now.
I know the road between Eastman and Wauzeka. It's a great area to ride. If you ever get back that way give me a shout. I only live about 30 minutes from there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WI is a great place to ride. I did over 400 miles there yesterday going to the Slimey Crud Run and taking one of hundreds of scenic routes back west and south.

BTW, I've got a place in Grant County, and really like spending time up there and riding the country roads. I haven't seen another strom in the area in the last couple of years so glad to hear there is one in the neighborhood.
I grew up around North Andover on a dairy farm. Parents still live there. Some nice roads and scenery around SW Wisconsin for sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
SW Wisconsin is beautiful. Don't spread it around though, too many people will come! :yes nod:

I went to UW Platteville and have camped several times at Gov Dodge State Park. Currently living in NE Wis, 30 miles south of Green Bay. Good to see there are some other Strommers in the state.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like the blue color and those black cases what brand are they and how are they mounted they look like a pelican cases .Nice bike !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts