StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I'm new, my name is Aleta but most know me on-line as "frosty". I bought a 2012 Wee-Strom yesterday. My first V-Storm, although I have admired them for years. I have had 5 bmw 650gs motorcycles (all thumpers), but decided to switch to a twin and didn't want to go into debt for the more expensive bmw gs twin. Always wanted to get a wee-strom so I finally did. I love the fox orange, and the reviews for the 2012 sold me. So here I am. I live in the beautiful North Georgia mountains and mostly ride North Georgia, Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee - all GREAT motorcycle country! Looking forward to reading your posts. Cheers

Frosty

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Howdy, from the neighborhood.

Maybe you'll be one of the many converts here.

Enjoy the new bike.

Norm

·
Registered
301 Posts
Welcome

I go to Franklin N.C. often and ride the area your in . I'm also coming off a 2006 BMW 650 Dakar. I miss the suspension of the Dakar on dirt forest roads but the Strom has it all over that bike every where else.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome. Must be a motorcyclists dream living in the N.Ga mountains. I'm not too far south, but the thought of every ride starting and ending where I like to travel TO for a ride....well that's just awesome.

Enjoy the new bike; I'm sure it will treat you well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I rode a lot of forest logging roads back in the day, but stick to the pavement more these days. Which is why I thought the Strom might be smoother than the 650gs thumper I've been riding. I am only 5'6" so I did have to have it lowered one inch with the stock seat so that I could reach the ground (barely), but I am accustom to riding taller bikes and I prefer it :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And yes, living and working in the North Georgia mountains is wonderful. The only place I lived with better motorcycling was Asheville, NC. But this is awesome here! I was fighting traffic to come up here on the weekends the past three years living in Atlanta, so when I had the opportunity to transfer to the mountains I jumped all over it :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, I picked up a new Wee last Thursday and have been putting some miles in every chance I get. I live in Blairsville, GA. Shoot me a PM if you want to ride some time.:thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Frostylaw....you lucky guy. I just got back from northern Georgia for a week's ride. I towed Suzy from MN, road south of Chatanooga, Ellijay, Cleaveland, etc. BEAUTIFUL, and the back roads....heaven. Can't wait to go back, maybe move there. Liked it that much. Great people, too!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I got a 2012 adventure in may. I live near Athens and love riding up in the mountains. The main reason why I moved here from florida several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, but Frosty is a girl :D

Thanks for making me feel welcome. Picked up my bike today! I love it!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in Ellijay! Wonderful motorcycle country in the North Georgia mountains. All of us who live here, (including Western NC and Eastern TN) are so freakin' lucky!!!!! I am grateful to live in great motorcycle country. Lovin' my new motorcycle, "Mango Tango".

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi everybody, I'm new, my name is Aleta but most know me on-line as "frosty". I bought a 2012 Wee-Strom yesterday. My first V-Storm, although I have admired them for years. I have had 5 bmw 650gs motorcycles (all thumpers), but decided to switch to a twin and didn't want to go into debt for the more expensive bmw gs twin. Always wanted to get a wee-strom so I finally did. I love the fox orange, and the reviews for the 2012 sold me. So here I am. I live in the beautiful North Georgia mountains and mostly ride North Georgia, Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee - all GREAT motorcycle country! Looking forward to reading your posts. Cheers

Frosty
Yea? Where about? I'm originally from Rabun County. I'd love to spend summers there again, riding the backroads:hurray:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ellijay, Gilmer County, 15 miles south of Blue Ridge.
Fantastic country. In my opinion, the best. I've been over that way a couple times. Real nice. Lived in a place called Sky Valley for a while (between Dillard and Highland). The roads from Dillard to Highland is amazing. Even better would be from Highlands to Franklin, along the Cullasaja River. You've been from Franklin to Cullowhee and beyond I'd guess. I miss it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Y'all that ride this country no exactly what I am talking about. It is awesome! I don't take it for granted, to be able to work and live in such a beautiful place. God's country.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts