StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the Stromtrooper forum with a new to me 2017 650. Been riding since 1977, over 100k miles, this is my 6th consecutive bike. I downsized to the 650 as weight of previous bike was becoming a challenge. Only a few hundred miles so far, but enjoying the ride more now that I have a seat that fits my stature (I'm vertically impaired).

Rujorujo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a few days ago I flew over your area on the way into San Diego. I marveled at all the dirt roads through the hills and remembered how great the riding was in California. We lived in the Riverside area back in the '80s. You have, in my estimation, the perfect machine for recreational exploring.

·
Premium Member
'14 DL1000A ~_/) ~ '14 GSX1300R
210 Posts
Welcome!
Not too far from you (50 mi N)
These local roads are on my list:
  • Nate Harrison Rd (unpaved)
  • Both the paved roads leading to Palomar
  • And Montezuma's, of course.
Have fun and enjoy that bike!

·
Registered
2021 VStrom 650 XT
144 Posts
Welcome!
I'm located in South Orange County. Rujo, welcome to Stromtroopers. I'm a new member here as well. Private Message me if you want to go for a ride as I'm always down in your area riding around Wildomar, Fallbrook, Palomar Mountain, and everywhere there.

Stromation, Nate Harrison is an easy, but twisty, forest service road to the top of Palomar Mountain. Great for any ADV bike. There is also Palomar Divide road to the Weir Mine, partially paved most of the way to the mine, then easy dirt all the way to the Palomar Observatory. The paved roads, S6 and S7 are epic VStrom/sportbike roads. Montezuma's is another great twisty road. I'm always riding in this area so if we all want to get together we can stitch up and connect all the paved ones and make it a Day ride on VStroms.

·
Registered
2005 V strom 1000
21 Posts
Just joined the Stromtrooper forum with a new to me 2017 650. Been riding since 1977, over 100k miles, this is my 6th consecutive bike. I downsized to the 650 as weight of previous bike was becoming a challenge. Only a few hundred miles so far, but enjoying the ride more now that I have a seat that fits my stature (I'm vertically impaired).

Rujorujo
Welcome Rujo, I drove through Temecula a few years ago on a family vacation, great roads out there. Got off the interstate to avoid a traffic jam and found a mountain road that I swear was designed for motorcycles. Too bad I was driving a minivan!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome!
I've done Palomar and Montezuma's on my previous bike, but not yet on my 650.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts