StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched from a 2000 DR650SE to a 2014 DL650. What a difference!
I've really been enjoying this bike and am planning my first long distance trip.
I didnt get the adventure model and am worried about the oil filter and exhaust getting damaged during any real adventure rides. I came across this skid plate

weld86motoparts.com/products#!/Suzuki-DL650-V-Strom-Skid-Plate/p/33049319/category=8524604

and was wondering if anyone here has used it before? Thoughts?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hello Ressler,
I too live in NoPo on Marine Dr.
Contact me on my signature line to get together for possible rides and info on the Strom :thumbup:

Phil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome I'm new here also with a new 2013 650, looking at plates to that one looks good. I like the fact that it doesn't need crash bars to attach to . Keep us posted if you get it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the givi one and would go with OP's skid plate if I didn't have a hairpin mouse finger when online shopping. The Givi is NOT coated black and therefore looks a little too blingy; does NOT have the oil access point (yet a lot of riders are saying their oil is getting in stuck in the skid plate so you may have to take it off anyway, and the givi is not welded [well?]. Instead, there are just three pieces held together by pins. It's sturdy enough though. :beatnik:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts