StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined up a while ago, just now getting around to posting. It's been a strange year.

I've been a rider since '97, gone through a variety of random bikes and after my beloved KLR was taken from me in an accident (rear ended by my dad on his Tiger 1050 while we were on a tour of all things) I picked up my '06 Vstrom. I had one as a rental in Austria and swore that if I had to get a new bike, it would be a Vstrom and after the KLR was gone... I made good on my pledge.

Lived in CA prior where it's always riding season so I was able to ride year round, and commute to work on 2 wheels every day. Did that for 12 years before moving to NC and changing jobs at which point I sorta stopped riding much. 20k/year down to 2k/year. I'm hoping to change that up a bit this year. Just got the 60k service done and I'm ready to roll.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome to the site! NC is great for riding... sorta. If you're in the western or north western part of the state anyway. South east is pretty flat, but the mountains are only a day ride away. And there's some very enjoyable rides in the TN/NC/SC/GA/WV/VA region.

·
Registered
2014 DL1000A (Current)
98 Posts
Where in NC are you living? I’m in the lake Norman area. Welcome

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome from another NC dood. Lake Norman area here as well. Sweet ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
Welcome......!!! As Stalky Tracker mentioned, come on over to Stecoah, NC and rub elbow pads with 70 OTHER Vstrommers at the Rally.........??? (even for a day ride??)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new to you bike. I got an 07, and the jump from my 07 Klr is like a boost into the future of technology haha! Enjoy racking up the miles again!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Welcome, I live in the Charlotte area. No longer on a V but still hang around here.

·
Registered
2012 DL650A
10 Posts
Joined up a while ago, just now getting around to posting. It's been a strange year.

I've been a rider since '97, gone through a variety of random bikes and after my beloved KLR was taken from me in an accident (rear ended by my dad on his Tiger 1050 while we were on a tour of all things) I picked up my '06 Vstrom. I had one as a rental in Austria and swore that if I had to get a new bike, it would be a Vstrom and after the KLR was gone... I made good on my pledge.

Lived in CA prior where it's always riding season so I was able to ride year round, and commute to work on 2 wheels every day. Did that for 12 years before moving to NC and changing jobs at which point I sorta stopped riding much. 20k/year down to 2k/year. I'm hoping to change that up a bit this year. Just got the 60k service done and I'm ready to roll.

View attachment 285529
I was debating between a KLR and Strom for my first adventure bike. I'm picking up my first Strom today. Thanks for giving me added confidence in my choice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts