StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just arrived back in town from Greensboro, NC where I purchased a 2003 DL1000. My arm is in a cast so wasn't even able to ride it! I hope to remedy that soon.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well my friend, you need to heal up and enjoy that bright yellow monster :)

If it makes you feel any better I could not ride most of the summer due to shoulder surgery but get better and enjoy the new ride. It will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
414 Posts
welcome from one bama rider to another. I have the exact same yellow strom as you, right down to the bags. great bike. if I can help with any advice just ring.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the cast off nearly 2 weeks ago but am under Dr's orders to TAKE IT EASY for another month! No heavy lifting or pulling. I was good for 10 days. I couldn't stand it any longer so went out for a quick spin on the Vee. The one thing I noticed right off is the backfire in the exhaust. This bike was Yoshed by the previous owner, valves adjusted and TBS done. I've been researching this issue and some seem to have success by finding and replacing bad exhaust pipe gaskets. I guess I'll take a closer look at that and see if there is any sign of any exhaust leaks. I took it out yesterday for an much longer ride and I really like the smooth ride, more than adequate acceleration and sixth gear. I rode the interstate back to town and wasn't very pleased with the way it handles in turbulence but it might just take some time to get used to that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
sorry, but it took a power commander to cure the backfire and a cee bailey windscreen for the turbulence on mine. once you get it cured of the little problems you will love it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I've had some time to try and figure out the backfire issue. I reset the ECU back to zero and installed a PCIII USB. I've tried several maps and the bike still backfires on decel. Not as bad, but still does it. Today, I removed the mufflers and replaced the muffler seals and I also lifted the tank to check on the throttle body boots. The seals were fine and the boots were in place and looking good. I'm at my wits end with this bike. Anyone have any other suggestions?:headbang:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts