StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I became a wee owner a couple of months ago and have been lurking on here since but I figured it was time I say hello. I traded in a 2002 Honda Shadow 750 for a 2011 DL650A because I wanted something that would be more comfortable on long rides (always felt a bit cramped on the Shadow). So far I am quite pleased with my decision. It is true what I have read about farkleing (spelling?) being a bit addictive but I have gained a lot of good knowledge from what I have read on here.

·
Premium Member
5,020 Posts
Hi everybody. I became a wee owner a couple of months ago and have been lurking on here since but I figured it was time I say hello. I traded in a 2002 Honda Shadow 750 for a 2011 DL650A because I wanted something that would be more comfortable on long rides (always felt a bit cramped on the Shadow). So far I am quite pleased with my decision. It is true what I have read about farkleing (spelling?) being a bit addictive but I have gained a lot of good knowledge from what I have read on here.
Welcome.

I too went from a Shadow to Wee, and have never regretted it.

Hang in there, they keep saying spring will come some day. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome aboard! I am a Honda convert as well (VTX 1300S). Not only is my Wee more comfortable, it's a lot more fun to ride!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hola, betcha can't wait for the weather to allow riding! Farkle on.
I was lucky enough to be able to go for a 100 or so mile ride on January 10th when it got up to about 50 degrees (odd winter we have been having). But now we're back to the stereotypical Minnesota winter weather. So yes, I am anxiously awaiting spring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wee Owner Looking for Company

I bought my '07 DL650A last summer and am enjoying it immensely, but my wife won't ride and it would be fun to meet some other local riders. Is there a place to find out what's going on (rides, workshops, parties)? It wouldn't have to be only Stromtroopers, but this seemed like a good place to start.

I live and work in Saint Paul. My bike is silver and came with some nice Givi bags and other extras. I owned a Honda 360CL for a while in college, but that was 30+ years ago, so I still consider myself a new rider, which you could probably tell by looking at my bright yellow jacket.

Hope to meet some of you folks this season.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
I've been riding my 06 wee after selling my 1986 BMW K100 and haven't missed the beemer at all.
I live in Wabasha Minnesota and am interested in connecting with other local V Strom riders.
There are great roads just over the bridge, I can see the hills of Wisconsin as I type this reply.
Michael
Wabasha Minnesota

1 - 7 of 7 Posts