StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

My name is Matt, and I have multiple bike syndrome (Hi, Matt). My garage currently has five two-wheeled vehicles in it, though unfortunately no V-strom yet. I'm working on selling my Ducati so I can get a wee! Not sure yet if I'll go the used route or take advantage of the 0% financing on a new 2011 though.

I had the amazing opportunity to do a 3,000 mile jaunt around the south island of New Zealand on a wee back in January of 2011, and absolutely loved it (link to trip report below).

I'm in Lancaster, CA working as an aerospace engineer. If anybody is in the area, and wants to go for a ride, let me know! I'm always up for a ride if I'm not busy.

New Zealand Trip Report

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Hi everybody!

My name is Matt, and I have multiple bike syndrome (Hi, Matt). My garage currently has five two-wheeled vehicles in it, though unfortunately no V-strom yet. I'm working on selling my Ducati so I can get a wee! Not sure yet if I'll go the used route or take advantage of the 0% financing on a new 2011 though.

I had the amazing opportunity to do a 3,000 mile jaunt around the south island of New Zealand on a wee back in January of 2011, and absolutely loved it (link to trip report below).

I'm in Lancaster, CA working as an aerospace engineer. If anybody is in the area, and wants to go for a ride, let me know! I'm always up for a ride if I'm not busy.

New Zealand Trip Report
Wow, New Zealand, that's gonna be a hard act to top. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
808 Posts
So jealous! I was hoping to do a south island tour on a rental when I went on a business trip to Oz.. but they ended up sending me in August! :headbang:

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
Hola, Matt. Sunday morning irregulars meet for coffee at Newcombs Ranch early Sundays. It's on Hwy 2 east of Mt Wilson toward Wrightwood.
Folks show up from both sides of the San Gabriels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hola, Matt. Sunday morning irregulars meet for coffee at Newcombs Ranch early Sundays. It's on Hwy 2 east of Mt Wilson toward Wrightwood.
Folks show up from both sides of the San Gabriels.
I've been to Newcomb's many times - good food with a fun road to get there! Does anyone come from Palmdale/Lancaster that you know of? I'm definitely in once I have a free Sunday, just let me know what time.

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
I'm usually there early, Dawn Patrol is there at 0700 when they open. There are a couple guys coming from the desert side. Phil is in Apple Valley and another fellow comes from Landcaster.
These are not necessarily Wee strom riders but a few guys, the enlightened ones, have them.
Sunday mornings are always free to go worship God on the Shrine of the Open Road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good, I'll let you know if I'll be there. I'll be on my ninja 250 :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely a great bike! I've done over 30k miles on mine so far, with no end in sight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts