StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just registered, sayin' hello. I'm the happy owner of a 2019 DL1000XT, picked it up a month ago on very short notice when the trusty ol' VFR decided she didn't wanna go on our road trip at the last possible second. So the maiden voyage of the XT was a 3-week run, 2,200miles up to the Isle Of Man TT and back.

I'd wanted the DL for a couple years, I did a couple rental day-rides on a 2017 and was hooked from the first few minutes. I'm a big 90-degree-V fan, my other two bikes are a 98 VFR800 and an 06 RC51 and I love them both. The feel, the torque, the sound, it's how a motorcycle should be.

That's all for now, I guess, hi again everyone, keep the shiny side up!

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Excellent choice of cycle.
Ride safe.

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Welcome aboard! Strom​s are great all around bikes... I am sure you will love riding it!

Frankfurt is my home town although I was only 3 months old when we left Germany for Canada. I have only been to Germany twice since, with times work related (with Porsche.)

I would like at some time in the future to rent a bike (or bring my bike over) and ride around Germany and down though the Alps.

..Tom

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just registered, sayin' hello. I'm the happy owner of a 2019 DL1000XT, picked it up a month ago on very short notice when the trusty ol' VFR decided she didn't wanna go on our road trip at the last possible second. So the maiden voyage of the XT was a 3-week run, 2,200miles up to the Isle Of Man TT and back.

I'd wanted the DL for a couple years, I did a couple rental day-rides on a 2017 and was hooked from the first few minutes. I'm a big 90-degree-V fan, my other two bikes are a 98 VFR800 and an 06 RC51 and I love them both. The feel, the torque, the sound, it's how a motorcycle should be.

That's all for now, I guess, hi again everyone, keep the shiny side up!
welcome probably the first 2019 in forum.:smile2: How do you like it?
Ride safe/Ride long :smile2:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new bike. Do you have any pictures from Isle of Mann?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I used to live on Rhein Maine and also Sembach Germany with my parents. I am looking forward to getting back over there as an adult. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome

I lived in the FFM area (Rödelheim for 4 years and then in the Kaiserslautern area for 5.)
NICE roads to ride on a Strom, expecially off the Autobahn.

JD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts