StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I owned SV650, Ducati monster 750 and two years ago I bought Yamaha FJ09 with triple cross plane engine. I expected that bike to be fun like V twins, but few weeks ago I sold it. In my garage one V strom was sleeping for last 5 years and finally I met the owner and he decided to sell it to me. 2007, only 2000 miles, basically new bike and the price was really good :) It's all stock, starts with no problems after just putting the new gas, runs amazing. I have at home Termignoni exhaust which sounds amazing on Ducati and I decided to install it on Vstrom. I was lucky that Delkevic sold me just the mid pipes so it was pretty easy job. Unfortunately it was way too loud for me on cruising speed so I put back the old pipes. Maybe I should try with power commander or I will just sell Termignoni. I don't think that anyone has Termignoni on V strom.
Feel free to give me some advice.
Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Congrats on your K7 Vee. I don't have knowledge about the Termignoni exhaust, save what I read on google. Any method of repacking the baffles to quieten the exhaust tone a bit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just installed Power Commander III with map for stock exhaust and it's a huge difference, a lot of torque from 2 to 5 rpm. Before it was lazy at lower rpm. Tomorrow I'll put back Termignoni and change the map for aftermarket exhaust, hopefully I will like it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts