StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having test driven a used GS at a dealer and not allowed to test drive a Vstrom at the local Suzuki dealer, I decided to buy a used GS. I found one online at a dealer in Manhattan (many miles from home=plane ticket and fun ride back), put down a deposit over the phone, and lined up financing and insurance. I called the dealer for last minute prep (who to make the certified check out to, amount of tax, etc.) and was informed that despite my healthy deposit, they couldn't hold the bike for two weeks (time I needed to make the trip workout - time off from work, etc.) and that I just needed to go ahead and send them thousands of dollars and complete the transaction based on a couple of website pictures. I asked for my deposit back.

Then, Providence. I found a used V-Strom 1000 a year newer with fewer miles for half the price of the used GS. It was 10 miles from my house. I went to the bank, took out cash, paid the man and rode a superior handling bike most of night. It feels more "athletic" than the GS. It looks less complicated. I am ecstatic and have absolutely no buyer's remorse.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Welcome. There are a number of us around Tennessee on here.

I have friends in Chattanooga and get down there from time to time. You've got some great riding roads around that area.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome, and come down to north GA for some great riding. So, has the BMW dealer called you back?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On October 2 if the GS is still available on the website, I'm going to email the salesman a picture of me on my new bike. Just for fun.

Actually, though, I probably should thank him. I really do like how my new bike feels in comparison to the 1200 gs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad you have the right bike for you. These bikes are the best all around ride you can have in my opinion. They also tear up the back roads in NC as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts