StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new Vee owner. Just picked 1 up today with under 22k kms on it. Lots of fun so far. Have noticed that she doesn't like running lightly under 3500 rpms, which is normal from what i've read here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome. I lived in BC for 15 years and have spent lots of time in and around the Thompson Okanagan (was there in July). Great roads in all directions!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome Jason. I, too, spent MANY years living and working in the Lower Mainland. I am also new the the V-Strom having shortlisted to the Varadero 1000 (too heavy), the Tiger 955i (heavy & only 2 years to choose from for ME) and the V (lightest, most popular worldwide, most support). This forum right here is a HUGE part of that support.

Mine has a Power Commander III USB. There are some GREAT maps available here - most for your 'sub-generation" 2004-2009ish). Mine now has a much more complete powerband with the only rough patch being trying to accelerate in 3rd between 2500-3000 RPM. When I bought her she had a Power Commander issued map which apparently was better than the stock Suzuki map, but still rough on light acceleration between 2000-3500 RPM or even a bit higher. Watch eBay for PC III USB units.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome from the west coast rock of Canada.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts