StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been a sportbike rider for 20 years, planning a week long trip in the fall down to Barber vintage days and deals gap but decided I'm getting too old (or maybe just out of shape) to go that long on a sportbike anymore.

I looked at a bunch of different bikes out there and settled on a used 2007 DL650. I bought it Friday evening and put a few hundred miles on it over the weekend...(didn't want to go too far without a proper tag or insurance :) got it tagged and insured today and am looking for my first destination for father's day weekend.

I was real close to buying the Versys but went for the Wee mainly because of the vast user group and aftermarket support it enjoys.

my first impressions are all favorable...I knew I'd love the engine (having raced an SV650 for several years) but I am really getting into the overall experience and plan to do some mods to better taylor the bike to me.

My bike came with a few bits on it...3 piece hard bags, corbin, heated grips,center stand, GPS, etc. I will focus on fitting the bike to me better (I'm short 5'6") so I was thinking about lowering links and a different windshield.

my current wind shield is an oversized aftermarket one and it takes the windblast off me but it produces extreem buffeting to the point that above 80 it shakes my head so much it's hard to focus...so far I've tried the middle and full up mounting position...will try the full down position tomorrow

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome from a Northern VA

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in Falls Church, but...

My sailboat is in Mayo at Casa Rio on Cadle Creek.

Welcome guys!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the welcomes...in case anyone is interrested there's a bunch of folks I ride withe that meet up sunday mornings at the annapolis docs as well as wednesday evening after work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome. I also live in Annapolis. Let me know if you want to ride. Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts