StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, as most of you from what I have seen, seem to be from the USA, I thought I would introduce myself. My names Ashley, I live in the UK.

I haven't really had a bike before except for a 125 for a couple of months. But I have tested so many its untrue!

I fell in-love with the wee-strom, it is truely amazing. (thanks to my local Suzuki garage for the loan for the day!)

I am searching high and low for one of these babies, but it has to be the right one and nothing has made me put my hand in my pocket as of yet. But is it a tad strange that if one came up that was good price and DIDN'T work that I would be extremely tempted. I love to mess, I built my friends bike back up after it was stolen and trashed, and love to have projects, so its only right that I try and get one of these as my project for 2011.

I have decided to go more down the tourer route for the obvious comfort reasons as I would like to take it overseas and do some touring on it. But also the fact that I think that if i got a sport/super-sport bike that I would definitely be tempted to be more stupid and more chance of me hurting myself.

So in the short of it, if anyone comes across one that is a bit un-loved and worse for wear, in the UK, PLEASE let me know. I would be very interested!

Thanks

Ashley

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Hello Ashley!

A good, versatile bike, the Strom is.

There are a few ladies here that ride them. You are welcome everywhere on this site. You may wish to ask specific questions to the women, too.

Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I applaud your zeal, and I hope your search is successful. I see that the major highways are east of you, and that Wales is full of secondary roads. If your Strom works like mine, it will tend to pull toward the west, and have you wandering in the land of unpronounceable names much of the time. (Yes, I realize I made a soccer reference, and the Wolves just won 3-2.)

I ride often with a gent who named his Wee-Strom "Prodigal" because it was stolen, but was returned by the police. Then he had to swap it for a scooter while a broken leg healed but again he got it back. Your tale of rebuilding a stolen and abused bike reminded me of that bike.

If you are lucky, your bike will similarly tell you what its name is.

Keith ... I ride Colorado.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts