StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new to me Vee that i plan to run around the country with this summer.

Its already pretty decently set up, So not a lot to do to it. Im sure ill have some questions as they arise and i figured it would be good to put them on "my" thread rather then spread them all over the place.

For starters here she is. The big fat blue mamma.

came with:

25k miles
Tourances
DID chain & sprockets
k&n filter -- putting the stock back in
factory heated grips -- potentiometer has failed. Suzuki dealership tells me they dont sell just that part, but i read in the forums that people have been able to order just that. Thoughts ?
custom Bill Meyer seat -- More space then i need, not enough for gf. Looking to trade for corbin or sell and go to stock.
SW Motec crash bars & engine guard
Protaper handle bars and raisers -- too far for me. Looking for highest bars possible. The raisers are for fat bars. Anyone know what the tallest fat bars are ?
Wilbers progressive fork and shock springs
Race Tech gold valves
Givi rack adapter for trunk
stainless steel brake and clutch hydraulic hoses
Iridium spark plugs
desnorkeled -- putting the snorkel back in
MadStad brackets
Forgot what the make of the screen is. Its nice :)

What do you say gentlemen ? Any thoughts ?

Oh,...i have a slow tiny leak on the oil glass check/sight :thumbdown:, vibrates more then my klr (numb hands), pulls like a mule on crack :yesnod:, makes all sorts of noises when going from 1st to 2nd :mrgreen: and its the slower color, but i likes her.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,183 Posts
Thats a beautiful bike. I picked up a used Vee about a month ago and still getting used to it. Mine is silver, and i wish it had been blue or red so lucky you.

Looks like you need some engine guards? Hard to tell in your picture.

I would bet if you can get that potentiometer out, you could find a suitable replacement in an electronics shop.

Whats wrong with the K&N filter? those are great IMO. Low maintenance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Magnet thanks :mrgreen:

Where do you live ? If we pass by your place on our way across the country this summer ill trade you my blue for the silver :yesnod:

It does have the SW Motech crash guards.

I think the K&N lets too much crap in thats all.

Good call on looking for a generic potentiometer at an electronics shop. Will try that. I just like the way the OEM looks. But if i cant find the oem ill do as you recommend

cheers

·
Premium Member
4,183 Posts
I'm up in Delta BC Canada. Not so easy to switch bikes, but doable with some planning. :)

Hoping to make a trip down to CA next spring/summer, and make a few week tour out of it. Haven't planned much at this point. My riding partner has just passed his learners and has no bike, so a ways to go yet.

Do you have extra emissions crap on your bike there?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats, looks just like the Vee I just got. Must be an 07? I couldn't wait to get the VStream screen off of mine. Luckily, it had a Givi screen included as well.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Love that bike! Congrats and good luck with it. I have an '07 in the same color, it's been terrific.

Have you ridden Corbin seats before? Every one I've sat on (several over the years) has been as hard as a rock.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
If the GF needs more room, try moving the top case back.

Not sure what kind you have, but it was quite easy to move the top case back a few inches on my bike by simply removing the Givi base plate and rearranging the various brackets and bolts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BugMagnet,..yes i do have all the California crap on the bike. (ps, i meant lets swap plastics not bikes :p )

donohio: Yes its an 07. Why did you hate the Vstream? I like it a lot so far...

WeThereYet: Its not that clean. Plenty of scrathes and smudges,..but not too bad. I guess the lighting helps.

kenneth_moore: Nope i haven' ridden a Corbin. That sucks because i'm not that heavy and hard seats suck for me. It has been the only one that i have seen that has a better curvature so the pillion wont slide forward.

wringer: Its a Givi case. It was all the way to the end. So a friend with more metal tools and skills then me fashioned me an extension bar. So basically the topcase is about 1.5 inch further back now.
The space is wasted on the riders part of the seat (5'11' 170) and the seat was made for a 6'3 200smth guy. I might just have to ride to Bill Mayer and get it redone.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
wringer: Its a Givi case. It was all the way to the end. So a friend with more metal tools and skills then me fashioned me an extension bar. So basically the topcase is about 1.5 inch further back now.
The space is wasted on the riders part of the seat (5'11' 170) and the seat was made for a 6'3 200smth guy. I might just have to ride to Bill Mayer and get it redone.
Ah. Now that you mention it, I see that the seat is different than stock, which seems to make the rider area roomier at the expense of the passenger accommodations.

You might try to find a stock Wee or Vee seat and try that as a starting point, but if Mr. Mayer is available and nearby, that might be an excellent (but potentially expensive) option as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
B

donohio: Yes its an 07. Why did you hate the Vstream? I like it a lot so far...

I much prefer the Givi. The VStream was just too funky looking. The previous owner installed it, I found I could lower it a LOT, and still have the wind over my head. As delivered, I was actually looking thru' the screen, and I will NOT do that for long.

Mainly, the GIVI is wider, and has a nice straight edge, and I wanted to make up a set of side deflectors for it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Welcome Mac, nice bike. i have the same one...color and year. it doesn't look like you have risers, rather the universal adapters by pro taper, which do raise the bars a bit but only because they fit inside the stock lower bar mounts. i use the rox risers, which bring up the bars 2" and are pivoting so you can adjust fore and back. not sure which bars you have, but you may wanna try the contour bar in raptor bend. i put one on my DR and love it. on the V i have the kx-hi.

amotostuff carries the rox risers and chad is a great guy to deal with.

you may also wanna cosider getting rid of the stock mirrors which cause a lot of turbulence. just take them off and go for a short ride--you will be amazed. i put on ktm super duke mirrors and love 'em. others have successfully used aprilla tuono mirrors with good results. stay away from the cheapo ebay imitations as they vibrate like mad.

now go get her dirty!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Spam reported, nice bike, I would keep the K&N. Both of our air filters were leaking by from the factory. A bit of grease to help maintain the seal as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts