StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks!

I'm been reading the site a long time and almost ready to purchase a 650. After losing close to 100 lbs, the bike will be motivation to lose more.

A few questions, do you think that the 650 will be big enough for me? Currently sitting at around 320lbs and 6ft tall. Will be doing most riding in Ohio, flat portions this year. I don't foresee an issue but just want to check.

Also, I haven't rode a bike for about 9 years. Used to ride 400 2 stroke in high school, will I have an issue with this bike? I am taking an MSF course this year.

Also, feelings about an 2009 DL650 1550 miles for around 5500? Jump on it? and the bike is actually local!

Thanks for being a great source of information for people like me.

Chris

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Sure the bike can handle it, a lot of people ride 2 up and the total wieght can be more. The forks and rear shock should be upgraded however IMO. congrats on the 100 lb loss that is an accomplishment

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
New front springs cost about $90, and are an easy install
Sonicsprings.com

Check with a local mc suspension shop about respringing the rear. A shock modification from suspensions by Sasquatch is best, but costs about $500.

Check with a local upholstery shop about reshaping the seat. Many of us detest the stock seat.

Consider changing the front sprocket to 14 teeth for more low end power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts