StromTrooper banner

Hello and Good Day to You!

1481 16
Hello, Troopers. I'm on officially on Team Suzuki! Newerish rider here. Rode an Old Goldwing back in the 03, 04, in the rural country. Not much though. Been riding my '13 650 Strom for about 3 weeks now, thought I should ride into the forum. I'm still acquiring gear, my next order of business is mirror extenders and better mirrors. I've sifted through the forums a bit and I think Adventuretech extenders are the best choice. As far as actual mirrors go I'm all ears..!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where was the picture taken at? Can't go wrong with AdventureTech products. I have several of them myself and he's a pretty regular contributor to the forum. I have mirrors from my old Aprilia Tuono on my bike.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello, Troopers. I'm on officially on Team Suzuki! Newerish rider here. Rode an Old Goldwing back in the 03, 04, in the rural country. Not much though. Been riding my '13 650 Strom for about 3 weeks now, thought I should ride into the forum. I'm still acquiring gear, my next order of business is mirror extenders and better mirrors. I've sifted through the forums a bit and I think Adventuretech extenders are the best choice. As far as actual mirrors go I'm all ears..!
I ride an ‘12 650 Strom with stock seat
Welcome to the forum. Where was the picture taken at? Can't go wrong with AdventureTech products. I have several of them myself and he's a pretty regular contributor to the forum. I have mirrors from my old Aprilia Tuono on my bike.
Welcome to Stromland….
I ride 2012 650 Strom. Stock mirrors, stock seat and am 6’ tall. I find the stock set up to be perfectly adequate. I can see everything I need to behind me. It took a bit of fiddling to get mirrors adjusted. Have you spent time adjusting them properly? There’s a ton of other way more important gear than mirrors to spend money on. Best of luck.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Fork Brace is a must have and would be fairly high on my list of items to get if I were you. Should only come second to good riding gear.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Tell me whats improved with adding a fork brace.
I ride on a lot of pothole-ridden streets, and found the fork brace helped stabilize the front end significantly. It's not a panacea, but the bike handles, and recovers from, potholes quicker and more stably, now — which especially helps on longer stretches of multiple potholes.

Others have noted they feel it improves handling at highway speeds in windy conditions, but I've never noticed a difference in that situation.

My 2015 DL650 was fine without it, but I appreciate the incremental improvement and found it well worth the $70-80. That said, I only got the fork brace* after a variety of other improvements more important to me: all my riding gear, luggage, windscreen, mirror extenders*, sidestand foot*, footpeg lowering kit*, over-the-dash GPS mount*, aux low* and high-beam lights, aux brake light, crash bars, heated grips, handlebar muffs, and more.

All * items above (and more) are available from Adventuretech. If you have the budget, might was well save on shipping and also get a bunch of stuff at the same time if you think you'll eventually want it.

Try the mirror extenders before swapping the mirrors themselves. I grew quite fond ot the OEM mirrors, but didn't want to spend the cash since I seem to break the left-side ball joint regularly (i.e. twice) under normal use. Here's a short mirror post on the shockingly cheapo Emgo Mark II (my preference, but fugly) and Tuono mirrors (a common swap, both OEM and knockoff — the latter with mixed results).

·
Premium Member
2020 V-Strom 650XT Adventure
62 Posts
Although my 2020 Wee xt adv came with the mirror extenders and the mirrors worked great, I found them to be unsightly and ooked long and hard for a replacement. I was going to put Honda Africa mirrors on but then I found KTM Super Duke mirrors and I loved them! I ordered them from KTM Twins (link below) and they bolted right on with adapters ordered with the mirrors and don't require extenders. The visibility is great, no vibration or movement whatsoever, and I love the look! Amongst other farkles, I also have the Adventure Tech fork brace and foot peg/ control lowering kit. Enjoy! KTM 690/990 Super Duke Mirrors 61112041000/61112040000
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Photograph Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Mountain Motor vehicle

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the exact same bike (profile pic). 6ft1 here and if fits like a glove. Stock everything that comes with the adventure model. Added was: mirror extenders, fork brace, heated grips, ram phone mount and usb charger, GPs locator ;), lower cowl, hand guards, engine (crash) guards, centre stand. I love it, does everything you need imo. Enjoy yours!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts