StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have been a member of this site for a while, but I realized i had never posted. I was mostly lurking and reading about the Vee and the Wee trying to learn more.

I was out of motorcycles for quite a while, I finally got back into riding in ~2005 and bought kz1000. it's been fun, but also a lot of work. it takes a lot to keep a 30 yr old bike running.

So i decided to buy something from this century. I'm in the process of selling the kz and when I do I'll be looking for a Vee to do some day and weekend rides with my wife or son.

Eventually when time and $ permit, i want to take longer trips, so I am thinking ahead a little bit and leaning toward the Vee.

anyway, i'm at work now and can't access my photo hosting site. later tonight I'll post up some pics of the old kz.

Dale

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Greetings from a former Quad Citian (Rock Island 10yrs). I miss that area, especially north of there. Good luck selling the bike. There seem to be lots of great deals on Wee/Vee's popping up these days. Do you ever see the American Picker guys? I love that show. I used to go up to LeClaire for the Faithful Pilot at least once a month. Is it still there?

Take care,

Kevin

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the site from another Iowan. Des Moines here. There are 3 or 4 big threads about 1000 vs 650. My 2 cents. 650 is fast enough to get me into trouble but I don't 2 up tour and I off-road some so 650 made more sense for me. Good luck with sale of KZ1000. Craigslist is good place to list. Go Hawks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been by the AM Pickers shop a few times but never stopped in. One time i was walking into an auto parts store and Fritz was walking out. It caught me off guard and I knew i recognized him, but I couldn't remember where from, then it hit me and I said "hey your.." and before i could finish he said "yeah" and dashed out the door. it was strange. the Faithful pilot is still there and still doing well.

its funny you mentioned liking it up north, I'm from wisconsin originally and I get back to ride a couple times a year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the greeting.

I did have the bike on craigslist for a while, but no luck, so maybe I wasn't doing it right. It's up on ebay right now, with a lot of watchers and its expiring Saturday so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SnoPro your in Des Moines and your a Hawks fan. I thought it was mandatory Cyclone country over there. My son is at ISU right now so we get over there ever couple of months. Haven't spent much time in Des Moines, but he's been down there a few times. He told me that one night he and a couple of his friends were down by the capital building at midnight one night, I told him i better not get a call from the cops to bail him out, but he said they were just walking around...

He's a good kid, so I'm not usually worried but I also know that kids don't always use their brains.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1/2 step closer. before I can buy a new bike i have to sell my current ride. Just got a bid on my bike so (fingers crossed) the sale will go through and I can get serious about buying a new one. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts