StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Wyoming... well, actually Colorado tonight as work pulled me awsy from my new arrival.

I traded in my VTX 1800 for a 2004 Vee today. Kind of bummed about trading away the bike I picked up with 0 miles on it, but it wasn't fun to ride any more. I look forward to getting to know my Vee. I also have an 09 KLR 650 and found that I was riding that exclusively this spring, so I figured it was time for a change.

I live in Rock Springs, WY and work in the oil/communications industries.

G26

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome, Rock Springs??????? That's like living on another planet. Moved across country 3 times and drove it 7 times. That's one lonely stretch of highway 80.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one lonely stretch of highway 80.
Yeah, it is... Riding the super slab will probably be the only time I will really miss the VTX 1800 I traded in for the Vee.

G26

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think it was Rock Springs I headed south on a dirt road for about 100 miles and ended up in Maybell Colorado. The most desolate place I've been, but interesting with it's own beauty. I was visiting family in Craig Colo. It was 1977 and I stopped the car for no reason got out went to a bluff and immediately pulled a dinasaur bone out of the ground. Still have it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was Highway 430 through Irish Canyon. I went through there a couple of days ago. Going through that canyon feels like you heading into an old west ambush or something.

G26

1 - 5 of 5 Posts